Statement of Belief for the Church of God's Faithful
- We, the Church of God’s Faithful (CGF), continue to follow the teachings of Herbert W. Armstrong as inspired by the Head of the Church, Jesus Christ.
- We sincerely believe Herbert Armstrong was the servant and apostle of Christ and that he fulfilled the office of the end-time Elijah.
- We believe Jesus, our Lord, ignited the Sixth Candlestick (Rev. 1:20) and began the Philadelphia Work through Mr. Armstrong. Christ opened mighty doors for His servant and the Gospel of the Kingdom of God was RESTORED! The TRUE GOSPEL was successfully preached as a witness to all nations as a fulfillment of Matthew 17: 11 and Matt. 24: 14, etc. The Gospel commission was completed by Herbert Armstrong and taken to all nations; therefore the churches today that are attempting to duplicate his WORK are involved in a futile work.
- We believe Christ directed Mr. Armstrong to successfully complete his commission and to "finish the Temple" according to Zechariah 4:9. All of the spiritual building blocks, “the lively stones” (I Pet. 2:5) were called as part of the Spiritual Temple (Eph. 2;20-22) either directly or indirectly through the ministry of Mr. Armstrong as a type of a second Zerubbabel.
- We believe the Bible statement that there will be 144,000 Firstfruits at the first Resurrection. See Rev. 14:1-5.
- We believe that from the point of Mr. Armstrong's death, the "Temple" was completed and no more would be called into the Church EXCEPT a very few from the "highways and the hedges and the streets and lanes of the city" (see Luke 14:15-24). These few would be called to replace those who would throw away their "crowns" in an Esau-like attitude (Heb.12:6).
- We believe many of the ordained ministry of the Worldwide Church of God, trained and taught under Mr. Armstrong, have turned from their beliefs to "seek a following" of their own (Acts 20:28-30 and Jer. 50:6). Now we have the "Old Mother Church" and the "Protestant Daughters" all over again in over 300 split and splintered churches and groups. These "shepherds" have led God's flock astray as many scriptures plainly reveal. Read Jeremiah 50:6 as an example.
- We believe those 300+ split and splintered churches and groups are NOT the "Churches of God" as some of them try to label themselves, but the "churches of god" or more biblically rendered, "synagogue of Satan" (Rev. 3:9).
- We believe from recently revealed scriptures that the “synagogue of Satan” is a part of the INNER COURT of the Spiritual Temple, not the OUTER COURT, as we previously had thought. But they are fast asleep as the Ten Virgins of Matthew 25 that shall be awakened by “the midnight cry” of Matt. 25:6. Their ministers have not grown in any New Truth that I am aware of since the death of Mr. Armstrong (II Pet. 3:18). Their “divided works" of attempting to take the Gospel to the World is an act of confusion to those seeking the “ONE TRUE CHURCH!” Their divided efforts are also works of pious futility and utter disregard for the amazing accomplishments Christ performed through Herbert Armstrong—the man who taught these men the true Gospel.
- We do not believe the Philadelphia Candlestick was extinguished when Mr. Armstrong died. It still "glows" brightly as the Church of God's Faithful. You will know this by our fruits—NEW TRUTH!
- We believe Gerald Flurry was the man God raised up to head the Seventh Candlestick—the Laodicean Work of Jesus Christ. Mr. Flurry fearlessly proclaimed the fact that a "man of sin" was sitting in the controlling position in the WCG and caused the “great falling away from truth” as II Thess. 2:1-11 records. Mr. Flurry wrote this revealing information in his book, Malachi’s Message to the Church of God Today. That portion of his book was NEW TRUTH revealed to Mr. Flurry and set him apart by TRUTH—while most of the other ministers did nothing but compromise their beliefs—and draw their paychecks. Very few heeded Mr. Flurry's warnings as he began in January 1990 to cry aloud to the unfaithful Philadelphians who gradually became a part of the synagogue of Satan ruling in the Temple of God. Many of the leading ministers of the split and splintered churches still do not believe the “man of sin” has already come or, amazingly, do not recognize the “great falling away from truth” has occurred. Nevertheless, some faithful Philadelphians of the still existing Sixth Candlestick joined in with Gerald Flurry and his Church with the corporate name of "Philadelphia Church of God" (PCG), headquartered in Edmond, OK. He began as a wee voice but became increasingly louder as the Laodicean Work of Jesus Christ. This was a warning to the ministers and members of the WCG who were in increasing numbers leaving the Truths they had long held dear.
- We believe each of the descriptions of the Seven Churches in Revelation 2 and 3 portray these eras or phases of the Work of Jesus Christ at the end of their term. Now, Mr. Flurry has come to the clear portrayal of Laodicea described in Revelation 3:14-20. He did not begin his Work rich and increased with goods. He was not lukewarm to the Work of God at the beginning; he became that way. God began to remove the blessings from him because of the very abusive government he adopted. Then Gerald Flurry changed his commission. Strange thoughts came to him in early 1996 and he unlawfully seized Mystery of the Ages and went to the world with the Gospel in January 1997. At that time God began to separate His Faithful Philadelphians as the CGF to warn Mr. Flurry and his PCG of their great error.
- We believe that we must "hold fast" to the True Gospel AND that we must continue to "grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" (II Peter 3:18). As we continue to "grow in grace and knowledge" this will be seen as NEW TRUTH. Growth in "grace and knowledge" is NEW TRUTH. And the CGF has received tremendously important NEW TRUTH in the past 12 years! A few teachings of Mr. Armstrong's were inaccurate because it was not time for God to reveal all TRUTH to him in regards to every single subject. For example: Mr. Armstrong sincerely believed the "man of sin" sitting in the Temple of God, would be the Roman Catholic Pope (II Thess. 2:2-3). We now know this is not true as stated in point #11. However, the Worldwide Church of God under Herbert Armstrong was God's One True Church and was set apart from the churches of the world by Truth—until the synagogue of Satan changed God’s Truth for doctrines of the world! God's One True Church today, the Church of God's Faithful, is still SET APART BY TRUTH.
- We sincerely believe the Day of the Lord came as a “thief in the night” at the conclusion of 6000 years of mankind going his own way—and Jesus Christ came suddenly and secretly to His temple to prepare His Bride.
- We sincerely believe Jesus Christ will compel many of the synagogue of Satan to seek out the CGF as the TRUE CHURCH as a result of even more dangerous and critical world and national conditions that lie directly ahead (Rev. 3:9 and Luke 21:36). We have been given the NEW TRUTH of these scattered “churches of god” being a part of the INNER COURT—not the OUTER COURT as we had thought all these 12 years. We are told to RISE and measure the temple and the altar and them that worship therein (Rev. 11:1). This we will do as Christ directs!
Any questions you might have on any of our beliefs are welcomed (I Thess. 5:21). The CGF has numerous articles, our monthly e-magazine, The Midnight Cry, 17 booklets, and many sermons, sermonettes and Bible studies on our website, all downloadable free of charge. Or, if you prefer, you can write or call and we will answer your questions or mail you the requested literature. Contact us through this website or write us at: CGF, 136 Woodland Drive, Harleyville, SC 29448; telephone 843-462-7977.
The synagogue of Satan as a part of the INNER COURT will be given the same opportunity that you have at this moment—to be taught all that is concisely contained in this STATEMENT OF BELIEF.
Robert G. Ardis, Pastor-general
Updated January 5, 2010